As a partner with Chalat Hatten & Banker, Denver, Colorado, Linda Chalat concentrates her practice on medical malpractice cases, defective product claims and recreational accidents. Prior to law school, Ms. Chalat worked in industry as a chemical engineer, and brings her understanding of the technical aspects of an accident to effectively advocate for her clients. Ms. Chalat also oversees the technology used by the firm to best serve our clients, including maintaining the firm's websites, social media and blogs which provide current legal information for Colorado consumers and personal injury victims. She was interviewed by KJCT8 Grand Junction regarding her blogging on ski safety and ski law. She has published articles and spoken at professional seminars concerning ski litigation, attorney ethics and malpractice, and general practice tips.
Linda Chalat has been recognized by her peers for inclusion on the Colorado Super Lawyers list since 2011. In 2013 and 2014, she was also named to the Top Attorneys in Colorado as published by The Denver Post. And Ms. Chalat has been included in the TOP 50 WOMEN COLORADO SUPER LAWYERS for 2011 and 2012. She has been named to the Colorado Top 100 Trial Lawyers by the National Trial Lawyers Association each year since 2013.
For 2016 and 2017, Linda Chalat has been recognized by Best Lawyers for Product Liability - Plaintiffs. She has earned a "BV" rating (distinguished rating) by Martindale-Hubbell®, the authoritative resource for information on the worldwide legal profession. Attorneys with an BV® Distinguished™ Rating from Martindale-Hubbell® are those that have been recognized by their peers to be the best in both legal ability and ethical practice. She has also received an Avvo rating of "Excellent" as shown on her Avvo profile.
- Colorado, 1991
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 1991
- University of Denver College of Law, Denver, Colorado, Doctor of Jurisprudence - 1989
- Colorado School of Mines, Golden, Colorado, B.S. - 1983, Major: Chemical Engineering
Profession Associations and Memberships
- Best Lawyers, 2016 & 2017.
- Colorado Super Lawyers, 2011 - 2017.
- AVVO rated 10/10 “Superb.”
- Colorado Bar Association, Member.
- Denver Bar Association, Member.
- American Association for Justice, Member.
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, Member.
- American Bar Association.
- Restitution in Criminal Actions: Consideration for Civil Trial Lawyers, 50 Trial Talk Issue 6, 2001
- Ski law for beginners, intermediates and experts,, Trial, August, 2001
- The Nine Commandments of Malpractice Prevention (Co-Author), 22 Trial Lawyer 183-189, 1999
- Faculty Member, Avoid Extinction Due to Climate Change, Colorado Trail Lawyers Annual Convention, Snowmass, 2014
- Faculty Member, Ethics Hot Topics: Internet Marketing, Attorney’s Fees and Attorney Fee Agreements, Colorado Bar Association CLE Program, 2009
- Faculty Member, The Business of Practicing Law, Colorado Bar Association CLE Program, 2007
- Faculty Member, Trial Advocacy Program - Ethics Section, Colorado Trial Lawyers Association Annual Conference, 2003
- Faculty Member, Ethics 2001, Continuing Legal Education Conference, 2001
- Faculty, Preventing Legal Malpractice 2001, Colorado Bar Association/CLE Seminar, 2001
Pro Bono Activities
- Colorado Supreme Court Pro Bono Award, 2012, 2013
- Pro Bono Program, Denver Bar Association