Linda Chalat, a partner of Chalat Hatten Koupal & Banker, has over twenty years of experience as a Colorado personal injury lawyer.
As a partner with Chalat Hatten Koupal & Banker, Denver, Colorado, Linda Chalat concentrates her practice on medical malpractice cases, defective product claims and recreational accidents. Prior to law school, Ms. Chalat worked in industry as a chemical engineer, and brings her understanding of the technical aspects of an accident to effectively advocate for her clients. Ms. Chalat also oversees the technology used by the firm to best serve our clients, including maintaining the firm’s several websites, social media and blogs which provide current legal information for Colorado consumers and personal injury victims. She was interviewed by KJCT8 Grand Junction regarding her ski safety blog. She has published articles and spoken at professional seminars concerning ski litigation, attorney ethics and malpractice, and general practice tips.
Linda Chalat has been recognized by her peers for inclusion on the Colorado Super Lawyers list for the past four years. In 2013 and 2014, she was also named to the Top Attorneys in Colorado as published by The Denver Post. And Ms. Chalat has been included in the TOP 50 WOMEN COLORADO SUPER LAWYERS for 2011 and 2012.
She has earned a “BV” rating (distinguished rating) by Martindale-Hubbell®, the authoritative resource for information on the worldwide legal profession. Attorneys with an BV® Distinguished™ Rating from Martindale-Hubbell® are those that have been recognized by their peers to be the best in both legal ability and ethical practice. She has also received an Avvo rating of “Excellent” as shown on her Avvo profile. And in 2011, she was recognized as a Woman of the Year by the National Association of Professional Women.
- Colorado, 1991
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 1991
- University of Denver College of Law, Denver, Colorado, Doctor of Jurisprudence – 1989
- Colorado School of Mines, Golden, Colorado, B.S. – 1983, Major: Chemical Engineering
Profession Associations and Memberships
- Colorado Bar Association, Member
- Denver Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member National Association of Women, 2011 Professional Woman of the Year
The National Trial Lawyers
Colorado Super Lawyers
- Restitution in Criminal Actions: Consideration for Civil Trial Lawyers, 50 Trial Talk Issue 6, 2001
- Ski law for beginners, intermediates and experts,, Trial, August, 2001
- The Nine Commandments of Malpractice Prevention (Co-Author), 22 Trial Lawyer 183-189, 1999
- Faculty Member, Ethics Hot Topics: Internet Marketing, Attorney’s Fees and Attorney Fee Agreements, Colorado Bar Association CLE Program, 2009
- Faculty Member, The Business of Practicing Law, Colorado Bar Association CLE Program, 2007
- Faculty Member, Trial Advocacy Program – Ethics Section, Colorado Trial Lawyers Association Annual Conference, 2003
- Faculty Member, Ethics 2001, Continuing Legal Education Conference, 2001
- Faculty, Preventing Legal Malpractice 2001, Colorado Bar Association/CLE Seminar, 2001
Pro Bono Activities
- Pro Bono Program, Denver Bar Association
Ms. Chalat always gives excellent advice to the members of Avvo and is a true credit to the legal community. It is obvious from her responses that she is a skilled personal injury attorney, who I would not hesitate to refer clients to retain.Christopher, General Practice Lawyer