Work on behalf of our clients helps all.
At Chalat Hatten & Banker, we firmly believe that much of our work on behalf of clients is also serving the needs of our community through ensuring a safer, healthier environment for all. Each time we successfully pursue a defendant for bad conduct, whether a drunk driver, an exhausted surgeon or an unresponsive landlord, we achieve a benefit for all. Our ski litigation practice has contributed significantly to the increased safety of ski trails with improved padding and visibility of man-made hazards. We have accompanied clients to testify before state legislative committees on numerous proposed bills, including the recent proposal to increase the damages cap for CGIA claims which became law this July. Over the thirty years during which the firm has existed, we have had the distinction of many high-impact cases, including:
- Establishing loss of career opportunities for Broadway performer as significant economic loss
- Holding major national hotel chain subject to punitive damages for failing to provide simple bathtub mat
- Successfully bringing a medical malpractice case that led to physician losing medical license
- Settling legal malpractice claims against lawyers who botched med mal case
- Receiving punitive damages against drunk driver who crushed innocent by-stander
Dedicated involvement outside the law office.
At Chalat Hatten & Banker, we believe that showing support should be more than a simple donation. Since 2011, the firm has received the Colorado Supreme Court Pro Bono Award for its commitment to providing legal help to the disadvantaged and under-served. This past year, every lawyer in the firm was recognized for meeting the goal.
We focus our community efforts on causes that align with our core values as a firm. Our staff takes an active role in contributing to community organizations in a way that best supports the organization whether it be by financial contribution, through community awareness, or by volunteering.
As a firm, we support projects that enrich our community.
- Sponsors of Rocky Mountain PBS programming
- Craig Hospital Foundation
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law
- The Bridge Project
- Colorado Ballet
- RMD United States Ski and Snowboard Association
- The National Sports Center for the Disabled (NSCD)
- Denver Bar Association Community Action Network
- Noches Legales at Centro San Juan Diego
Team members of the firm:
- Support learning opportunities such as with the Colorado Bar Association High School Mock Trial Program
- Offer pro bono legal aid for the public good through Colorado Legal Services and Metro Volunteer Lawyers
- Support career advancement for latino and working families in Denver at Mi Casa